"Life in the Fast Lane"

"Life in the Fast Lane"
Art Basel, Miami

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Call to Artists

exhibition opportunities   This site posts exhibition opportunities if you like to make collage art or want to give it a try.  There is also a current listing for recycled art!  The deadline is in April, so get started!  Feel free to comment with any other opportunities you may have heard of or are taking part in  :)  And if you ever enter any of the call to artists and have pieces accepted, I would love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. I moved back to key west after I graduated and down here we have an organization called The Studios of Key West. Its a nonprofit that puts on exhibitions and has artist residencies and other stuff. It is kinda more conservative, most of the artists don't do very political or strong statement pieces but I think that if someone like you wrote the right kind of proposal and worded you being young and that you do sculpture that is different then most of the previous residential artists, you might be able to get a residency or an exhibition (its not aimed at more conservative artists or anything, I think they would probably actually love to have more controversial artist but the art scene here in general is just pretty laid back). if you get a residency the give you a really nice house to live in for a month right in down town key west. And you have a show at the end of the month in a huge nice space. I think applications for next year are due in april or may. They have a website that is tskw.com. I live here so I wouldn't do a residency but I think I'm going to propose an exhibition of my work for next year!

    ReplyDelete